The holiday season is usually marked by dozens of people hosting holiday parties. With so many parties to go to, running into the same appetizers time and time again is an easy task. So, for your holiday party why not wow everyone by serving uncommon, yet totally delicious appetizers? We have compiled 4 fresh holiday appetizer recipes that are sure to be the talk of your holiday party.
- Apple Pie Bites
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small Granny smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 ½ inch slices
- 1 8 oz. can of Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice to sprinkle on top of crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cranberry Brie Mini Tarts
- 12 frozen mini phyllo cups
- 6 teaspoons triple cream brie
- 6 teaspoons homemade or store-bought cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the phyllo cups in a mini muffin tin.
- Fill each cup with about ½ teaspoon of brie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cups are golden, and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top each cup with ½ teaspoon cranberry sauce. Finish with by lightly seasoning with fresh ground pepper.
- Maple Caramel Bacon
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease the parchment with cooking spray. Unroll the crescent rolls into one single plane of dough and pinch any perforations together to seal. Stretch the dough out to fit the size of the pan with your hands so it’s even. Prick the dough with a fork all over. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook your bacon until it’s technically safe enough to eat and just about done, but still lighter in color and not quite crispy. You don’t want it fully cooked and crispy as it will continue to cook in the oven. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drizzle ¼th cup of the maple syrup over the crescent roll dough. Sprinkle with ¼th cup of the brown sugar. Top with torn pieces of the cooked bacon. Drizzle the remaining maple syrup on top of the bacon pieces, and top with the remaining brown sugar.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes or until bubbling and caramelized. Remove from the oven and allow the pan to come to room temperature or warm to the touch before cutting or breaking into pieces.
- Avocado Mozzarella Puffs
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup salsa
- 12 pieces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the mashed avocado with the lime juice and freshly ground pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets so that they are about 12″ x 16″. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter cut 12 circles in each sheet. You should get 24 circles from both sheets.
- Use 12 circles for the bottom and 12 for the top. Brush a bit of the egg wash on the edge of each circle, for the first 12 only. Top 12 circles with a dollop of avocado, a piece of mozzarella cheese, and about a teaspoon of salsa.
- Take the other 12 circles of puff pastry and place on top of the ones with the filling and stretch them if needed to completely cover the bottom circle. Using a fork, seal the edge of each circle. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with additional salsa if desired.
Apple Pie Bites: https://theblondcook.com/apple-pie-bites/#_a5y_p=3046884
Cranberry Brie Mini Tarts: https://www.foxandbriar.com/cranberry-brie-mini-tarts/
Maple Caramel Bacon: https://thedomesticrebel.com/2014/09/23/maple-caramel-bacon-crack/
Avocado Mozzarella Puffs: https://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/vegeterian/avocado-mozza-puffs/